Blogger Widget

fredag den 17. oktober 2014

Pops forelæsning om Peel


"Hi, I'm Iggy Pop. I've held a steady job at BBC 6 Music now for almost a year, which is a long time in my game. I always hated radio and the jerks who pushed that shit music into my tender mind, with rare exceptions. When I was a boy, I used to sit for hours suffering through the entire US radio top 40 waiting for that one song by The Beatles and the other one by The Kinks. Had there been anything like John Peel available in my Midwestern town I would have been thrilled. So it's an honor to be here. I understand that. I appreciate it…”

Den 13. oktober causerede Iggy Pop over John Peel, musikindustriens fremtid mv., ved en radiofestival i Salford i England. Overskriften er lidt af en tilsnigelse, men det finder man selv ud af ved at læse resten af foredraget herunder.

Ingen kommentarer: