Blogger Widget

onsdag den 22. september 2010

”Seven more days, all I gotta do is survive”


”At the end of March 1976, Eric Clapton was recording his LP No Reason To Cry in Shangri La Studios, Malibu. Bob Dylan decided to stop by for a while. As Clapton recall, ”He was just hanging out. He was actually living in a tent in the bottom of the garden. He would keep sneaking into the studie to find out what was going on, trying to catch me in there” Ron Wood, who was later to record ’Seven Days’ himself (on Gimme Some Neck), was also hanging out at Shangri La (the former bordello featured briefly in The Last Waltz) He remembers it well: That’s where I got ’Seven Days’ from. He played it to me and Eric in the studio, and he said to Eric, ”You can have this song if you want it” And I took him up on it and Eric didn’t”.

Dylan was to perform the song himself only five times on the second Rolling Thunder tour, between April 18 and April 1976, before leaving it behind.”

- fra covernoterne til Bob Dylan's ’The Bootleg Series. Volume 1-3. (Rare & Unreleased) 1961-1991’. Ron Wood udsender snart et nyt soloalbum, ’I Feel Like Playing’.

Ingen kommentarer: